Email isn’t dead yet – but how long will it last?
An unbelievable 2.8 million emails are reportedly sent a second and so is it any surprise that you’re a slave to Outlook for the first few hours of your recruiting day?
With so many genuine emails being classed as junk by the recipient, isn’t it about time you got a bit smarter with whom you engage with on email and considered a recruitment CRM that facilitates working a little smarter?
I’ve received almost 50,000 emails in less than 36 months - sound familiar?
Let’s face it. We’re all tied to out mailboxes, phones and webmail but as I draft this email (offline) whilst sipping a coffee, I thought I’d share my top tips to staying ahead of the email tidal wave.
Paul Thompsons top tips to staying ahead;
- Disconnect from the network whilst drafting your emails - You’ll avoid the temptation to read emails as they arrive!
- Use ‘Outlook's Social Media Connector’ – It's awesome and free!
- Select ‘block sender’ - Instead if hitting delete on junk emails (it’s just as quick)
- Invest in a decent spam filter
- And my super-duper top tip – Pick up the phone!
If you’d like to know what other practical suggestions have been implemented into our Recruiting tools drop me a tweet - or pick up the phone!